Webseite genua GmbH
genua - Excellence in Digital Security
The genua GmbH team ensures IT security at TOP level. Whether it’s IT infrastructures in the public sector, in industry, at KRITIS organizations or in secret protection: We know the specific areas of application and offer a portfolio of custom-fit IT security solutions.
Our claim: To play a key role in shaping the development of IT security technology as a thought leader – especially in the context of current and future fields of action such as AI, machine learning or post-quantum cryptography. We offer our approximately 350 employees exciting prospects in a company with a stable core business. Become part of our unique team!
Do you enjoy facing the changing challenges of our customers and continuously extend our customer relationships? Is IT security a passion for you that you want to implement in projects with high quality standards and creativity? Would you like to work for a manufacturer of IT security products with a direct line to product owners, development and technical customer support? Then we should get to know each other!
What you’ll do
As an IT Security Consultant at genua, you will implement solutions in projects for our interesting customers from the industrial and public sector environment. In the simplest case, this solution consists of installing and configuring one of our IT security products.
But it is often more like this: You develop a solution together with the customer at an early stage of the project, based on our products under OpenBSD, Windows or Linux and genua’s own application developments. Our components are often embedded in complex IT infrastructures, so you will always be thinking outside the box and dealing with different hardware and software applications. In the process, you can benefit from the many years of experience we have gained in IT security projects.
In the end, you will integrate the solution at our customers’ sites and transfer it into productive operations.
In addition, you will also drive the improvement of our solutions internally at genua with your know-how and your technical and professional customer knowledge.
What you bring with you
- Completed studies in computer science or a technical/scientific field or IT-oriented training
- Practical experience with customer projects or as a system administrator or in customer support and a strong love for bits and bytes
- Passion for IT security
- Sound know-how in the areas of Unix/Linux, as well as in complex network environments and basic knowledge of shell scripting
- Confident, customer-oriented appearance and a solution-oriented way of working
- Fluent German (at least level C2) and good English skills
- Willingness to travel
What we offer you
- Extensive training by experienced colleagues, a great team and appreciation at all levels
- Exciting perspectives in a company with stable core business and great growth potential
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- Work-life balance through a company daycare center and child vacation care, as well as support in the area of emergency childcare
- A company that welcomes dogs from our employees
- Sustainable mobility is important to you? For us, too! We refund your public transport ticket, promote e-charging stations at your home and offer various job bike models
- Individual development opportunities and our “career sprint” career program as an entry point to a specialist or management career
- The opportunity to learn from experts: We have committers from projects such as OpenStack, OpenBSD, OpenSSH, FreeBSD and Linux
- Our GeekWeek: Here we can give free rein to our thirst for knowledge and creativity and pursue our own projects twice a year, detached from the daily work routine
- Joint company events, discounted use of sports and health facilities as well as fruit and drinks
- Company pension scheme
- Support with language courses
- Other on-site support
Please send your relevant application documents, including your salary requirements and earliest starting date, by e-mail to Andreas Dürbeck, email@example.com.
This job is not for you, but you know someone interesting…? Then feel free to forward our job offer.
*The job title does not mean the male variant, but stands for a gender-neutral designation of the profession. At genua, people of all genders are welcome, of course. The omission of gender-specific differentiations in the text is merely intended to improve readability.